Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Passing the Purple Hat

Passing the Purple Hat to You

In honor of women's history month and in memory
of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer.
Please pass this on to five women that you want
watched over.If you don't know five women to pass
this on to, one will do just fine.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of
pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern
if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a
rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if
the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living
room and worried much less about the dirt when
someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my
grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility
carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be
rolled up on a summer day because my hair had
just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching
television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just
because it was practical, wouldn't show
soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would
never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up
for dinner.' There would have been more 'I love
yous' More 'I'm sorry's.'

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would
seize every minute. Look at it and really see it
. . . live it and never give it back.
Stop Sweating The Small Stuff!!!

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has
more, or who's doing what.
Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have
with those who do love us.


If you don't mind, please send this on to all the
women you are grateful to have as friends.

Maybe we should all grab that purple hat earlier.

Please send this to five phenomenal women today
in celebration of Beautiful Women's Month.

If you do, something good will happen--you will
boost another woman's self esteem.

KEEP IT LIT!

IN MEMORY .. . . . ..These are the colors that
represent the different cancers.
All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even
if it's to one more person, in memory of anyone you
know who has been struck by cancer.
A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle.
Please Keep The Candle Going!

_____________________________________

-- Cindy Williams :-)

Founder of Teaching Hands

http://teaching-hands.blogspot.com

Building World-Wide Communities -- Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment